There are two ways to accept payment for an “MCP” sale:
Accepting payment using a regular transaction: Process a regular payment transaction using the converted MCP values and MCP currency.
Follow the transaction processing steps for the relevant Nuvei payment product:
- Accepting payment using a DCC transaction: Process as a Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) transaction.
The regular payment workflow will be used to accept payment when:
- You are not registered for DCC, or
- The customer’s payment method does not allow DCC transactions, or
- The customer’s home currency is not one of your registered DCC currencies.
The system automatically initiates a regular payment request, sending the final “check-out amount” (displayed in the customers home currency) as the transaction amount, and the MCP currency as the transaction currency.
- First check if the regular payment workflow is the appropriate way to accept payment.
Use the regular payment workflow to accept payment when:
- Process a regular payment workflow sending the final “check-out amount” (displayed in the customers home currency) as the transaction amount, and the MCP currency as the transaction currency.
(Note: For details of the regular payment workflows see: Web SDK Flow, 3D-Secure MPI-Only Flow for Web SDK, or Server-to-Server Flow.)