A Payments Processing Certificate (PPC) is a certificate associated with your Merchant ID used to encrypt payment data for secure payment data transfer. The PPC expires every 25 months and can be recreated if revoked. It can be used for multiple native and web applications.
You need to ask Nuvei to provide your Apple Pay Processing Certificate Request file (.csr), which you will need in this procedure.
Follow these steps to create a Payment Processing Certificate:
- Sign in to your developer.apple.com/account.
- Select Certificates, IDs & Profiles from the sidebar.
- Select Certificates and click .
- Select Apple Pay Payment Processing Certificate and click Continue.
- Select the Merchant ID for your certificate, and click Continue.
- Under Apple Pay Payment Processing Certificate, click Create Certificate.
- Answer No to this question: Will payments associated with this Merchant ID be processed exclusively in China?
- Click on the Choose File field.
- In the popup, select your Apple Pay Processing Certificate Request file (.csr) file (provided to you by Nuvei), and click Choose.
- Click Continue.
- Click Download.
The certificate file, Apple Pay Payment Processing Certificate.cer will be sent to your Downloads folder.
- Send this file to Nuvei.
Congratulations! You have created an Apple Merchant ID and Payment Processing Certificate.