A marketplace is an eCommerce platform that hosts multiple sub-merchants. Marketplaces can vary in type (such as Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business), size (large vs. niche) and classification (products, project, and so on).
A marketplace differs from a traditional online store in a number of significant ways:
- It can accept payments on behalf of a sub-merchant, and needs to pass receipts to them (with or without a fee).
- Its role in the flow may or may not be transparent to the customer.
- It can store customer account and payment details for a sub-merchant.
- It may offer solutions to its sub-merchants, such as a payment checkout page that is parameter driven or customizable.
- It may accept some of the risk for the transaction or take the role of the acquirer.
We handle flexible split payments, provide seamless onboarding, and we are fully licensed and PSD2 compliant.
For Marketplace details, see: